Thursday, July 15, 2010

We said,

Dr Aparna Mishra ji,


I don’t know what you have seen in MP which formed an impression of development in the state to you! Its been a year, since I arrived Bhopal, and in this duration, I found children dying of starvation, women and dalits being the victim of the attrocities of the government and rampant gundagardi of leaders in the state.
All these things have been discussed openly in the national media (don’t know how you missed it?) and discussed repeatedly. Even on Tuesday, an international institution has published a report on National Human Development Index , in which you can see the actual condition. it says that the noumber of people leaving below poverty line in five states of India including MP,Orissa and few other states is greater than that of the 35 states of Africa. this government has been ruling MP for last years, which is I think a sufficient time to bring changes in a state.

Do you know friend there is a district Jhabua in the state, which was discussed a lot in national media galore because children were dying of malnutrition here. Many national and international committees have visited the district and the state in this regard, I think you missed this information also.

As you know I am a budding journalist and get official and unofficial chances to move here and there. I would like to share one of the incidents, here.

I met with a family in a press conference where I found that I was the only journalist, who had came to attend that conference. A man of the age between 25-30years was addressing me rather weeping in front of me and I tell you it was a very tough time for me. He lamented that his wife has been killed because she was not ready to sleep with an influential man of the particular village. And when the man approached police stations for lodging complaint, he was beaten up and charged with criminal act of killing his wife.

Media was the last hope for him because he had tried all the options before it, and his problem was increasing with every station of democratic institution. And unfortunately, I could not succeed to publish his grievance. This story depicts the situation of law and order in the state.

Dr Aparna, we see only those things what we want to see. It is said that human being is political by birth and due to extremely riped system, we have become a bit more political. Actually the prejudices don't offer us to see the negativity of the things which we have considered positive till. 
Dear, I request here please provide the detail of the evidences on this blog which encouraged you to think that the state has experienced significant development. Please, and that's my humble request.

1 comment:

  1. Kundan.........I am very well aware of the Jhabua village case....I am quite attached with the social issues, even though i am quite silent....May be my message is being convey in a wrong way....I was talking about development in totally different terms....I was just talking about the materialistic growth as I have been attached to MP since 10 years, lived permanently for 5 yrs and seen lack of basic things like roads, education & women empowerment....Girls education was kind of a dream for many girls....My Uncle is in MP, due to which I have been the top places like Khajuraho & the least known places like Laundi (chatarpur,district) as well....Seen both the ends dear friend.....There was always a Jumping jack roads or you can have a feel of roller coaster ride on MP roads (that was serious thought of backbone prob people) as a matter of connectivity. But truly seen this transformation into good roads....Secondly, education especially of girls has definitely increased to a large no..this was the development i was talking about dear.....

    Now, coming to your point......The MORAL DEVELOPMENT, as people think but actually the moral degradation in society is not only present in MP state....Every girl, either from rural or urban area going through such harassment in every state, every organization & sorry to say but in so called families (relative) also...... I am a girl from Delhi & love delhi more than any place but I must say that MP & small places are better in some ways....

    Kundan......I truly appreciate that u came out with such a sensitive issue of sexual harassment, which every girl faces in their day to day life....may be guys are also facing such issues now & the sad part is that many of us doesn't want to raise voice against it....

    All the very best to you Kundan

    ReplyDelete