Sunday, September 19, 2010

Completed half-century of by-line news

Yesterday, I have got my 50th by-line news, working as a reporter in the English daily, ‘The Pioneer’ in Bhopal.

Getting by-line was not as easy a task as it sounds. Many ups and downs at emotional and physical front come in the path of getting by-line. It is surely tough job to mention each and every thing, but I know if it could be penned, would be a good piece to be read.

One thing could convey the story of whole scene of getting by-line. When I was probably on 40th or 41st, thought that I would write a blog-post after completing the half-century and after that I failed to get even a single by-line for almost a month. A time came, when I was about to leave the job. Do you know friends; this was the issue hurting me most at that time that the target of completing a half century will be left unachieved

So, completing the half-century in the field of by-lines was tougher than the Sachin’s one in the cricket against Pakistan or Australia. He just has to struggle physically and that too for just two to three hour, under a pressure but, in my case I struggled for so long, on every front including intellect, physical effort and emotional front as well to achieve the target.

5 comments:

  1. Good To Know About Ur Progress. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for your all efforts but dear Don't give up...........U r surely meant to acheive the dream.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day will come when you would decide others by-line and i m sure that u wud do justice to the reporter.
    -Bikash

    ReplyDelete
  4. bhai, i hope and dont know why i felt a sort of happiness when got u here on the blog. as u know, we r facing hard time....and there are a lot of confusion among us....

    ReplyDelete